Arriving Zurich, Switzerland. 1/9 day trip 25Aug to 2 Sep 2022.

25 August 2022, Thursday.

Like any other travellers, was so excited being able to travel after 2 long years.
So happy when I saw that our plane was already in the skies of Zurich. As a kiasi(scared to die) Singaporean, I fly with Singapore airlines. Just in case.....

This time we fly to Zurich via Economy Premium and will fly back from Zurich via Economy. Not because I am rich, rather, our dates were inflexible. So when the fares suddenly increase from $1030+- to $1340+-, we decided to fly premium at $1409.40 to Zurich. Afterall, it make sense to rest properly before our trip so that we can visit all the attractions without feeling jetlag.
In the end, the difference in flying premium and normal economy was -
 we got a bottle of mineral water and a better headset for inflight entertainment with some extra leg space. My hubby was very happy for the extra leg space but there isn't any differnce for me.
We still eat the same kind of food and have the same library of entainment collections.

We took the morning 1am flight. So dinner/breakfast was served within 2 hours upon flight took off. 
Breakfast was served at around 5am to 6am Zurich time.
The whole flight was close to 13 hours. We ended up feeling really hungry in between the meals because we cannot sleep well. 
In my history of flying with SQ, I have never expect much of their meals. Same today. Though I was hungry, the eggs tasted funny. So I just eat to fill me up. I did not get to try the carrot cake because I am allergic to prawns. Hubby said, it tasted ok only.
Even the inflight entertainment was ok ok only. I ended up watching only 1 show and listening to oldies. Sad to say oldies also do not come with lots of choices. Guessed I enjoyed the most was watching where our flight was heading and the time of both departing and destination countries.
We arrived at T2 and was transported via sky train to the main terminal.
Immigration was fast and officers were polite with smiley faces. My 2nd time seeing smiley face immigration officers, my first was at Aomori, Japan. 
Signages were clear when we exit the secured area. So to say, there are no issues in locating the train station.

Train was not that crowded when we board the train at Zurich Flughafen station around 9.10am. Having done the following in advance before we leave our own country is good.
1. Purchased our data passport for our mobile line so that we can roam at a lower cost.
2. Purchase the Swiss Travel Pass and downloaded the SBB App onto our mobile phone.
Check out here on Getting to know Switzerland's train as a tourist.

The train in Zurich was so smooth that I hardly felt it when it started to move. 
Our first stop - Bern.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

190728 Aeon Tebrau Malaysia

10 Aug 17 Carrefour Ximending, Ah Zhong Mian Xian, ATT4fun

Walking Trail - MacRitchie Reservoir