Nature Walk Journal Mar 15 and 17 2022- Berlayer Creek Boardwalk, Labrador Park 1/3

A mangrove boardwalk just steps away from Labrador MRT. If you wants explore a mangrove boardwalk with easy access from MRT, this is the place. It is just behind the MRT station.  I have never visited this place in my whole life before and wow, why have I not know it earlier!!!
The mangrove river during high tide. You will love its beauty of clear water. It is fun to see the different tide level of a mangrove river. 
 
Mangrove river during low tide. If you are lucky, you can spot crabs, but I did not spot any during my trip there. Sometimes, there will be a muddy "mangrove" smell when the tide is low.

Mangrove river during raining season. Yes the water becomes muddy and not beautiful. I still love it cause it gives you a change of its "season". in SG, we do not have 4 seasons. But the mangrove river has its 3 seasons. Am I correct?

Honestly, even when you are a Singaporean, you will also walk towards the wrong direction because there isn't a signage showing Berlayer Creek. This was what happened when someone visited and walked towards Labrador Villa road. They told me the road was quiet and I better not visit alone. 

From the one and only exit, I turn right, turn right again and I saw this closed exit. Decided to have a look at what is behind the glass door before I proceed with my walk.

This place awaits me when I exited the glass doors. 

I walked towards the river and yes, I am at the Berlayer Creek Boardwalk entrance. 

We are just behind Labrador MRT station and we are able to view Alexandra Retail Centre Building (the tall building) from here. A mangrove within the city. I find it so amazing.

It is amazing how the NPark designed this boardwalk. They simply fence up this mangrove river, add a boardwalk beside it and we are able to walk and enjoy nature in a mangrove setting.

Pin-striped Tit-Babbler
I was so happy to be able to meet up these little fast guys on my 1st trip here. I have been meeting them without able to say, my lifer because I was not able to see these birds in details. Finally, I am able to say, this is my lifer now. These few, 3 of them were juveniles and were looking for food.

The end of Berlayer Creek. Turn left if I like to continue to walk above the waters or turn right towards Labrador Park.
Weather was not in my favour on my 1st trip on 15th. So I hurried towards the end of the boardwalk because I did not see any shelter within Berlayer Creek.


Bukit Chermin Boardwalk on 15th Mar 2022.
Was my 1st trip, so I was not that ambitious to complete all at one go. The sky showed that it is going to pour, so better look for shelter. 
I thought I was lucky to find a big shelter. Come on, how long can a heavy downpour last? 30mins?
Bukit Chermin Boardwalk - view from my shelter.
Decided to make good use of my time while waiting for the rain to stop. Decided to take pictures of landscape in the heavy downpour. 

Sentosa Island - view from Shelter.
I didn't know Sentosa is just opposite Labrador Park.

Realised I was so wrong about the weather. 30 mins has passed and the rain is still pouring. The strong wing made us prone to rain and the seats were wet and me? Yes, damp too. Lucky it slowed down a bit in about 35mins and I managed to move to a shelter with a wall where the toilet is. It was only there, that I was able to sit down and waited for another 30 to 45mins.

With the wet weather, there is nothing much I can do for birding. So decided to leave this place. The boardwalk looked so different now.
The water has also turned muddy.

Pin-striped Tit-Babbler.
I have not got enough of this bird as they were very fast. Will be back again to explore this place and hopefully for more wildlife.


Nature Walk Journal Mar 15 and 17 2022- Berlayer Creek Boardwalk, Labrador Park 2/3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

190728 Aeon Tebrau Malaysia

10 Aug 17 Carrefour Ximending, Ah Zhong Mian Xian, ATT4fun

Walking Trail - MacRitchie Reservoir