Nature Walk - Singapore's Old Bukit Timah Railway Station 7 Jul 2022.

The old Bukit Timah Railway Station was re-opened on the 1st Jul 2022 after 2 years of restoration works.
https://www.nparks.gov.sg/railcorridor/visit-bukit-timah-railway-station

OK, I know a lot of people are confused between what is the difference between a rail corridor and Bukit Timah Railway Station.

Here is my layman explanation.
The rail corridor (https://www.nparks.gov.sg/railcorridor/rail-corridor) is a 24 km long route. The government preserved the old KTM railway route, turned it into a green corridor, so that wildlife an human can enjoy its green space. Of course, there are a lot of factors here, but I just keep it simple.

Bukit Timah Railway Station was an old railway station by the old KTM railway route, thus now located at our new green railway corridor. 
Bukit Timah Railway Station is located at the Rail Corridor South. Walking distance from  King Albert Park MRT station. I visited on a Monday morning, 1 week after its opening, and it was crowded with so many morning hikers and joggers. 
I was blown away by its beauty upon reaching this place. I felt like I am a tourist, visiting one of those Taiwan old train attraction, or a place for another love film???
I love this place so much that I did an youtube video immediately upon reaching home to share to the public so tha more people can come and enjoy this place when it is still so pretty.

Actually, I visited this place before, in 1991. I remembered this place was pretty run down. I remember the small little hut (perhaps toilet) in the picture. It was no longer there. 

I remembered this ticket office too. Bench was not this pretty and ticket office quite old. 
Now it is totally different from last time.

A total transformation. The station is so pretty now.

The old staff quarters has turned into a cafe. I was only able to walk the exterior of this place when I visited as the crowd was there. When I visited the 2nd week, I saw staff turning away patrons as food items were sold out. This show how much the public wants to dine here and how the new cafe is trying to cope.



The Truss Bridge is just next to the attraction. Walk towards this bridge will lead us to Beauty World plaza overhead bridge, then to Hindhede Nature Park.

Walking towards the green will bring us to Clementi Forest.
Another place to hike and watch wildlife.

How to get there - Find yourself at King Albert Park MRT station. Exit at A.
Watch my Youtube video below on how to get there.

OK. NOT GONNA BE SO LONG WINDED ON THIS BLOG CAUSE THE VIDEO SHOWS EVERTHING.

Check out this youtube for a better introduction and how to get there.
Do share and like my youtube channel. 
Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

190728 Aeon Tebrau Malaysia

10 Aug 17 Carrefour Ximending, Ah Zhong Mian Xian, ATT4fun

Walking Trail - MacRitchie Reservoir