Nature Walk Pasir Ris Park - 10 Jun 2022.

Mangrove located along Sungei Tampines @ Pasir Ris Park.

Located just next to the Pasir Ris housing estate, there is another side of Singapore. A mangrove park where our NPark built boardwalk inside the mangrove so that park visitors can watch mangrove wildlife, enjoy the mangrove environment.

You will be surprised to know that a lot of Singaporeans do not know this place. I only get to know this place in end 2019 after I retire and started to explore the parks until I chanced upon this place. I have since recommended this place to lots of friends and their feedback to me was "I didn't know there is such place in Singapore other then Sungei Buloh".

So I am going to share my nature walk experience on 10 Jun 2022 at  Pasir Ris Park so that if you want an outing instead of shopping, do give Pasir Ris a visit. 

Afterall, Singapore is not just about shopping.
Lots of people visit Pasir Ris Beach to picnic and camp or to cycle.
They went right to the beach spend the day there and went home without visiting other areas.

In fact Pasir Ris Park is big. We identify the area by the car park names in alphabet so that we will not get lost. The car park starts from A and ends at F.  All the beaches can be accessible from the car parks, depending on which beach you prefer.

The mangrove boardwalk is located between car park B and car park C.
It is easier to visit the mangrove boardwalk via car park B if you are driving.
For me, since I usually go via public transport, I will make my way there from Pasir Ris MRT station or bus interchange. I will share on how to access via Public transport here.

Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre
I took a bus to Pasir Ris Bus interchange or Pasir Ris MRT station.
I made my way to Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre. (click above picture to link to google map - it is just behind White Sands Shopping Centre).
Following road "Pasir Ris Central" I will walk towards Pasir Ris Drive 3. 
Turn right and walk along Pasir Ris Drive 3 towards a waterway, the Sungei Tampines.

There is a traffic light before Sungei Tampines, cross the traffic light and I am already at the entrance to Pasir Ris park in car park B. 
Walked further and I found myself at the bridge above Sungei Tampines.
Wildlife watchers and birders love to use this bridge to spot for wildlife such as kingfishers, otters and monkeys.
For today, there are no otters or kingfishers. I only spotted the Grey Heron and Monitor Lizard. It is ok for me, because I just love the nature here. If I can spot any wildlife, it is considered a bonus from my walk.

                                    
The direction to the mangrove boardwalk.

The mangrove boardwalk.
I love the boardwalk as you can see, it is shaded inside the mangrove area. When the weather is too hot, it is best to visit this place for a walk. It is free.

There is a bird watching tower if you like to go on a higher ground to watch the surrounding.

After the Covid 19 restriction, I noticed there is less crowd at this shade. I sat here and enjoy nature for a while, all by myself. Nice.
Yes, I spotted the  White collard kingfisher or the  Oriental Pied Hornbill while chilling out here.  Just need to watch out for some loud calls. I did not take any pictures of them because they only appeared briefly, then flew away.

Mangrove Pit Viper Blue Luminescence.
Spotted this snake (not very big) while heading towards car park C direction in the mangrove boardwalk. This is the first time I spotted this species, my lifer. Also, we can spot quite a lot of snakes in this mangrove. Usually, the dark brown or brown coloured ones, but not blue.

Mudskipper can be spotted easily during low tide.

Common Iora singing beautifully above me.

Tree climbing crab. It was able to hide in its nest cause it is low tide. Need not climb trees.
Went back to check on my lifer again. (After all it is my lifer, so I just got not enough of it).


Exit the mangrove, visit the Kitchen Garden. Volunteers planted lots of edibles here. Heard the Oriental Magpie Robin singing and Tailorbirds chirping. Cannot spot them. Never mind, they are quite common so I can spot them on my next trip.

Walk towards the beach via this mini forest. I love this forest.
The Spotted Wood Owls and the Goshawk are not here today. So quiet.
Walked back to the mangrove area again after spotting no otters at the beach area.

Sharing my YouTube video on wildlife watching here. Do like and share in YouTube platform.

Overall, I spent about 3 hours in this park, covered about 6 km of walking trail. Went home feeling happy and relax. Will come back again and hopefully, it is high tide when I make the next trip.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

190728 Aeon Tebrau Malaysia

10 Aug 17 Carrefour Ximending, Ah Zhong Mian Xian, ATT4fun

Walking Trail - MacRitchie Reservoir