191004-05 Malacca Makkan trip

I must say, I fell in love with traveling to Malaysia ever since I found it so convenient to cross the boarder by just staying in our vehicle. Of course it come with a price tag as we are paying taxi fare instead of bus fare. If we are able to find enough kakis (friends), we will be able to break down our cost and travel together.
For our 2 days 1 night trip, we engaged Soar Agency as our Transportation company. Soar Agency charged us Sin$600 for point to point pick up and additional Sin$100 if we need driver to be with us for sightseeing. We need to tell him where we wanted to go.
For stay, Soar Agency find us a B&B for only Sin$130. This apartment located in Alantis, has 2 huge bedrooms and 1 spacious living room. One bed room has room for 5 beds and the other 4 beds. That suit us as there are 9 of us.
So overall, we paid Sin$93 each for this trip. (Transport and stay). I think it is very worth.
If I were to take a bus, we need to get up and down both custom to do our immigration.
With this private taxi, we just stayed on board while at both custom area and it help so much as I am limping with my fracture toe.

A nice place for a night stay
The only issue we had was, there is a TV but cannot connect to any TV show.
No washer also. So if we like to stay longer, may not be  good.

Big bed rooms. 2 of them
For start, we left Red Hill at 3pm. Due to the long wait at Singapore 2nd Link Customs, we only be able to reach Malacca, Jonker street at 7pm. I think this is reasonable. (I remembered I ever traveled by coach, we left Sin at 8.30am and reach Malacca 2.30pm. )
With all our things in the car, we go jalan jalan. That is another good thing about having a personal driver.
For tonight, we just have a walk at Jonker street. Just opposite this place is the Cookie Bar, then 1 shop down, (From H & M) is the Eureka Popcorn store.
While the rest are walking, 2 of my friends took me to this place for a break as I cannot walk too long.
Click here for my review
We must buy this popcorn
After Jonker, we head to check in B&B recomended by Soar.
We had a little problem with getting in the apartment, lucky us, cause the transport company is responsible for our bookings, they need to settle for us.

Click here for my review
The first thing we did in the morning is to visit Jing Yuan Biscuit shop.
We cannot find a good place for breakfast. So ended coming here for Brunch. I must say, it is a bad choice.
Click here for my review.
Not too bad as we were back in Jonker street. Someone recommended this shop and we head to get our sesame oil
Here is my review
There were shops lined up at about close to 12pm. After a little walk there we proceed to the Malacca Palawan shopping mall. Not much has change since I visited 5 years ago. Mango, Padini and I found a new shop, Co Co.
Proceed to the Malacca Premium outlets after Palawan. It took almost 1 hour to drive there. The shops here are just like Changi City Point. For the apparel I meant.
For food, I guess Changi City Point has more.
Never mind, we are tourist. Just enjoy.
Click here for my thoughts
and we have Marrybrown here.
Decided to travel to JB for dinner as we cannot come up with any place to dine in Malacca.
Click here for Souper Tang
So glad my friend agree with me to dine here.



We do put on quite a lot of weight during our 2 days trip.
We have drivers to send us for 2 stops. But transport company allow us to have 2 more stops and "blangah driver" coffee. We decided to tip him RM90 instead. This should be better cause he actually need to work near to 2 more extra hours just to ensure all of us reach home safely.




Comments

  1. Tremendous work! That shows the effort you put to write this article. Keep up the good work.
    RetailEscaper

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

190728 Aeon Tebrau Malaysia

10 Aug 17 Carrefour Ximending, Ah Zhong Mian Xian, ATT4fun

Walking Trail - MacRitchie Reservoir