171209 to 171213 - Khao Lak

Booked the offer Silk Air air ticket to Phuket at only $160+ per person and off we go to Khao Lak during peak season. Well offer ticket always comes with a price - we depart 6.30pm and by the time we reach Phuket, it is already dark. It was already 7.30pm phuket time when we touch Phuket international airport. 
This trip came with a little surprise. It was raining heavily when the plane started to land. Suddenly there is a "Thud" sound, like something hit on our plane. YH told me it is lightning. Wow. So scary. Then our luggage was drenched, real wet when we claimed them. Lucky me, I packed all my belongings in plastic bags. Otherwise all will be wet. Upon arrival, we bought a Prepaid SIM card for unlimited data at only 199 Baht for 7 Days. How is that. Good deal huh? 
The Nasi Lemak served by Silk Air was good. Another surprise when we started our journey from the airport. Flood!!! Lucky, it happened on a short stretch only. Driver Mong of Beyond Resort Khaolak told us not to worry. The rain only start at 4pm every day. Morning we can swim in the sun. Ha ha ha.
This is what we did immediately when we checked in our room at 10pm. Because room service ends at 11pm. We must order something for our hungry stomach. Good pizza though a little salty for our tastebuds. 


I have decided to pay a premium to pamper myself this holiday. So I booked Beyond Resort  (click link for more infor) at $200 per night. It was a enjoyable holiday though if I like to visit Khao Lak again, I will try other resort.
Not bad for a good beach at Beyond Resort
Then we visited Khao Lak Townl (click link). Though quiet, I think we can find some down to earth groceries that we need. I prefer this place than the Bang Niang Market.
We need to be very careful when crossing the roads.
On Monday, we visited Bang Niang Market. A market bult for tourist. I am glad I came here. Found my mango sticky rice here as I cannot find it from other places.
Just like Singapore's Pasar Malam
For cheap air ticket, it is a nice place to get away. However, if I want a really good beach, Danang or Phu Quoc would be a better choice for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

190728 Aeon Tebrau Malaysia

10 Aug 17 Carrefour Ximending, Ah Zhong Mian Xian, ATT4fun

Walking Trail - MacRitchie Reservoir